Sunday, May 14, 2006

Tar Heel Tavern - Learning for a Lifetime


Welcome to The Tar Heel Tavern, the showcase of North Carolina blogging goodness. In keeping with the theme of this blog, as well as the timeliness of the edition coinciding with college graduations and (almost) end of the school year, the entries today all have something to do with learning, teaching or education. It is not a huge edition, but it is all high quality blogging. So, let's get started....

Erin of Poetic Acceptance wrote a post titled Learning. What about it? You will have to click and see for yourself.

Alex Wilson is a teacher and a student, and his instructors are some very famous people: Narcissism and the Wannabe Clarionite

Waterfall of A Sort of Notebook is a teacher, so of course I could pick out several posts and it was hard to narrow the search down to just one, so I decided to include three: The First Steps about the wish to go back to grad school, Three Today - is this a case of burnout or righteous indignation? And I Love My Students - go see why.

From Mel's Kitchen: Goodbye gallbladder, hello low-fat foods is a forced learning experience about healthy eating.

On SpiritBlog you can learn something, I bet, you did not know before: The Gift of the Night Blooming Cereus.

Anonymoses reminds us that they are learning everything about us: Mining the President BACK!

Finally, I started teaching again, and I am posting my lecture notes on my blog.

Next edition of The Tar Heel Tavern will be hosted by an old friend and a repeat offender on the TTHT hall of hosting fame - Ogre of Ogre's Politics and Views.

We have a couple of more hosts lined up, but we always need more, so please volunteer at: Coturnix1 AT aol DOT com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home